Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday Nuggets!


I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do. 
                        ~ Jana Stanfield

*********************************
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. 
                        ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

*********************************

A Magical Mind
Wish 

When we wish for something our consciousness opens to receiving it like a flower unfolding its petals to receive a bee.
 
From blowing dandelion seeds into the air to throwing a penny into a fountain, we have all felt inspired to make a wish, to whisper our secret desires into the ears of the universe and wait for signs that we have been heard. Some wishes come true while others remain ethereal visions that either stay with us or fade like a star in the light of morning. Whether they come true or not, wishes are important missives, expressing our heart's desire as well as our intention to create something new in our lives. When we wish for something, our consciousness opens to receiving it, like a flower unfolding its petals to receive a bee.  

There is something innocent and magical about making a wish, something that recalls the energy of childhood. Wishing is not about formulating a plan and following it step by step to attain a goal, which is the realm of adulthood. Wishing is more like a playful volley across the universe, an invitation to play. Waiting for the response is an integral part of the process. Wishing inspires an innocent opening to the possibility of magic as we wait to see if the invisible realm will bring our wish to life. This opening is a beautiful gesture in and of itself, regardless of the outcome. We place ourselves in a magical mind, and this mind is arguably as wonderful as the fulfillment of our wish itself. 

In our straightforward, action-oriented society, we may tend to dismiss the power of this seemingly passive process, yet the power of a wish is well known, hence the cautionary phrase, "Be careful what you wish for." If you have given up wishing in favor of more adult pursuits, you might want to bring its magic back into your life. The next time you see the first star of the evening, or find yourself in front of a birthday cake covered in flaming candles, give yourself the gift of the magical realm that you knew so well as a child ~ close your eyes, open your mind, and make your wish. 
                        ~ Daily Om

***************************************
After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said, “I love you, but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you.”

The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally. That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie. “What’s wrong, are you well?” she asked.

My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news. “I thought that it would be pleasant to spend some time with you,” I responded. “Just the two of us.” She thought about it for a moment, and then said, “I would like that very much.”

That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited in the door with her coat on. She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary. She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel’s. “I told my friends that I was going to go out with my son, and they were impressed, “she said, as she got into the car. “They can’t wait to hear about our meeting.”

We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady. After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her eyes could only read large print. Half way through the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile was on her lips. “It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small,” she said. “Then it’s time that you relax and let me return the favor,” I responded. During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation – nothing extraordinary but catching up on recent events of each other’s life. We talked so much that we missed the movie. As we arrived at her house later, she said, “I’ll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you.” I agreed.

“How was your dinner date?” asked my wife when I got home. “Very nice. Much more so than I could have imagined,” I answered.

A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn’t have a chance to do anything for her. Some time later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place mother and I had dined. An attached note said: “I paid this bill in advance. I wasn’t sure that I could be there; but nevertheless, I paid for two plates – one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you, son.”

At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time: “I LOVE YOU” and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve. Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till “some other time.”
                        ~ Author Unknown

*********************************

A Note from the Universe

The light is getting brighter. 

The path is getting clearer. 

And you are getting closer. 

That's all I'm saying,
    The Universe

*********************************

As you give thought to your future—your future that may be 10 years; your future that may be 5 years; or your future that is 60 days away—you literally begin pre-paving. And then, as you move into those pre-paved moments, and as that future becomes your present, you fine-tune it by saying, This, is what I now want. And all of those thoughts that you have put forth about your future, right down to this moment when you are now intending what action you want to take, will all fit together to bring you precisely that which you now want to live.
                        ~ 'The Teachings of Abraham' by Esther and Jerry Hicks

*********************************

What do you need to follow up on today?  Many times, a project fails from lack of follow up.  We start with a great idea, and take action to get it started, then somewhere along the line it falters and dies from lack of attention.  Take a look at the things you are working on and see if some need follow up work in order to keep it on track.  A few minutes doing follow up, can reap huge benefits in terms of completed goals.  If it was a good idea once, it probably still is, and keep it moving by doing some follow up. It will help you move your life ahead by accomplishing more of your goals.
                        ~ Edward W. Smith

*********************************

When You Need to Like (no LOVE) Yourself

“Do you treat your friends better than you treat yourself?”

Being a good friend to yourself is not selfish. It’s essential. Take any situation and ask, “What would I do for a friend if she were in my shoes?” Would you do the same for yourself?

When you compare how you treat yourself to how you treat your friends, it’s easy to see how to be your own friend. Your happiness is based on how good a friend you are to yourself. Both your self-esteem and self-confidence rely on it.

Not only are you happier when you can trust yourself to be your friend, but it becomes easier to be a good friend to others and recognize when others are good friends to you.

©Jane Powell – Meditations for Women

Today’s Affirmation: I am my own best friend.

*********************************

Daily Teaching from The Power

My sister attracted a new car through the most adventurous sequence of events. She was driving to work and she got caught in a flash flood and her car stopped in the water. At the insistence of an emergency rescue worker she was carried to dry land, even though the water was not dangerously high. She laughed her way through the whole experience, and her rescue even made the nightly television news. My sister's car was irreparably damaged by the water, and within two weeks she was given a large check, and she bought her dream car.

The most wonderful part of this story is that my sister was renovating a house at the time, and she didn't have any spare money for a new car. She didn't even imagine having a new car. She had attracted the beautiful new car to her because she had cried tears of joy when she heard the news that our other sibling had gotten a new car. My sister was so happy and gave so much love for our sibling receiving a new car that the law of attraction moved every element, circumstance, and even to deliver a new car to her too. That is the power of love!   

No comments:

Post a Comment